Tuesday 5 October 2010

Treviso Airport

Photo by Adrian Pingstone.


Treviso airport is going to be closed in the summer of 2011 for essential runway maintenance and possibly the installation of technology which will allow landings in heavy fog. Those of you who fly in to Treviso during the winter will be jumping for joy at the prospect of no diversions to airports on the other side of the country. Unfortunately those of you who have their wedding booked in the months of June, July and August (possibly September) and have plans to use Treviso airport for your guests, will be effected by this closure.

I spoke to Treviso airport this morning who inform me it is probable that all flights in to Treviso will be diverted to Venice airport. Although they cannot guarantee this and do not know what the schedule will be.

With wedding parties expecting to fly in to Treviso from London in June and August, and from all over Ireland in July this news is causing a little ripple in the The Italian Wedding Planner office today.

I have tried to get in contact with Ryanair but so far I have nothing to report. I did find a few contact details if anyone wishes to try:
greenc@ryanair.com  = Head of Customer Service (Caroline Greene)

KellyG@ryanair.com = Customer Service (Gemma walsh)

mcnamara@ryanair.com  = Head of Communications (Stephen McNamara)

PHONE NUMBERS FOR RYANAIR

+353 18121212 Head Office, Dublin, Eire; Fax: +353 18121213;

+353 12497791 Bookings, Eire;

+353 12497700 Customer services menu - Eire;

+353 18121228 Customer services; Fax: +353 18121230 - Eire

For further contact information for Ryanair please  click here  
As soon as I hear anything I shall be sure to post it and if anyone finds out anything please let me know via  e-mail or post a comment below.


For more information on Treviso airport please see our update:
http://tiwp.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-is-going-on-with-treviso-airport.html#more


Map of Treviso and Venice.

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have been informed that Treviso airport is going to be open this summer. This has not been confirmed by the airport. However I have a wedding party booked to fly in to Treviso in July and at the moment they understand they are landing in to Treviso not Venice. I shall keep you posted and if anyone has any news I would be delighted to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got the same message when i went to book the local bus and the website said the airport will be closed from June 1 till Sept. I hope this is not the case since i bought the tickets to treviso airport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have booked a flight to Treviso from Dublin for the Donovan wedding. I have a feeling my flight will be going in to Venice.

    Do you know when we will know for sure what the deal is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as they take us to Venice I dont have a problem not going to Treviso. Its only 25 mins away. I just hope they dont cancel the flights or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just spoke to the people at Ryan air - all Treviso flights this summer will be diverted to Marco Polo airport - but there might be a schedule change which is a pain as Ive already booked a hotel! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for letting us know! You should talk to your hotel and see how flexible they are. Most of them will do their best to help you. It is only sticky if you are going on a busy week like the Regatta.
    Good luck!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I checked with 2-3 different car rental places and they told me that treviso airport will be closed from june 1 till september. I cant get hold of ryan air and they havnt updated anything. Thankyou for letting us know that ryanair will be taking the passengers to marco polo airport. Is there a number I can use for Ryan air. I live in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's an updated link on Treviso airport

    http://blog.flylowcostairlines.org/2011/02/10/treviso-airport-to-be-temporarily-closed-in-the-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soon it will be reopened, describing some better features.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please enlighten us, what delights does Treviso airport have in store for us other than a new runway and computer system to allow for landing in fog?

    I am very happy that Treviso airport shall be back in operation from the 30th September.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry everyone it looks like the reopening of Treviso is many many months away!

    Please see here for more information
    http://tiwp.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-is-going-on-with-treviso-airport.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am delighted to report Treviso airport is fully operational!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to see it soon, I hope to get fascinated by the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I could tell you there will be a visible difference, but the only time anyone will notice the difference, is when on cold foggy winter nights flights will finally be able to land in Treviso and not get diverted to the other side of the country!

    I am delighted to report that at the moment Summer has arrived in Treviso! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always try to choose Ryanair for my trips because I am very fond of their services.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...