Saturday 22 January 2011

Getting a tan for your wedding day

Living in Italy with my perfect white Irish skin, I have become a bit of an expert on applying my fake tan in the summer. Even with all my practice I do occasionally have a fake tan disaster. I have learnt that you can not swim in a swimming pool as the chemicals will strip your fake tan off you faster than bleach, which reminds me, fake tan does not mix with jolen!
After a lot of trial and error I have decided the St Tropez mousse applied with the mitt is the one that works best for me, but there are a lot of down sides to fake tan...

Sometimes like Geri Halliwell we forget to cover areas...

Gerry forgets to cover behind her knees
Sometimes in areas that will show up in the photos...

Cheryl Cole remembered to wear gloves but...
Then there is the problem which I have yet to find a solution for, fake tan rubbing off on a beautiful white wedding dress. With the heat in Italy brides do glisten on occasion and unfortunately this makes the tan more susceptible to rubbing off under her arms on to the wedding dress.

Also remember if you are getting married in Italy, it is almost impossible to find a beautician who is experienced in putting on fake tan or spray tanning. You will have to bring the product that works best with your skin type with you and most importantly is moisturise!

My advice is not the healthy option, but to avoid fake tanning disasters and fake tan rubbing off on your dress a few months before your wedding start slowly building up your tan using tanning showers. I know I can almost hear the gasps, but I am not saying you should be like the Italians and start using sun beds in January! I am suggesting short term usage to get a nice tan and get your skin ready for the strong Italian sun. Nothing worse than a bride with bad sun burn!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...