Monday 31 October 2011

S'mores...



As it is the week of Halloween and Guy Falwkes celebrations, I decided to share something sweet to kick off the week!  Not only a great idea for a wedding but also a fun thing to make on Guy Falwkes night as you huddle by the bonfire!



I have recently discovered S'mores, being Irish and spending most of my skiing holidays in Europe I had never been introduced to this yummy alpine winter treat. But now that I have, I am loving the idea of putting together S'mores kits and placing them in welcome basket inside guests rooms or having a buffet of S'mores for after dinner. 

wedding dessert bar

What are S'mores? 

s'more is a nighttime campfire treat popular in the United States and Canada consisting of a roasted marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker.


For a wedding in Italy, it is not so easy to put together the standard S'more kit. For a start I don't think I have ever seen a bar of Hershey's chocolate or a graham cracker but considering eating chocolate originated in Italy, what we  have is even better! 

 Italian chocolate

Home made marshmallows 

Fresh from the bakery whole wheat biscuits.

Delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...